Hope you had a good Memorial Day weekend and your Tuesday is going well!
Welcome to this week’s edition of eCommerce Insider: This Week In Online Retail where I share key happenings in the world of online retail, things we have learned in my business recently, and other items that I believe you will find useful and valuable.
Here are this week’s updates:
- A recent CNBC article reported that Prime Day is going to be delayed until September. Amazon has been experiencing challenges getting shipping times down to 1 to 2 days. As a result they’ve decided to push Prime Day back. You can read more in this CNBC article.
- Last week Facebook rolled out “Facebook Shops” which will be a built in shopping platform on the site. It will be free for small businesses to setup shops on the site, and will integrate with Whatsapp and Instagram as well. This has the potential to get a significant amount of customers, and is something I plan to monitor. You can read more directly from Facebook here.
- A Reddit thread I enjoyed reading through is titled, “I’m a top 250 seller in the USA out of over 1MM. Over $20MM in the past 12 months in sales. Ask me anything.” The seller shares some good insights throughout the comments. You can read the full post here.
- A couple of quick updates:
- Quote/image of the week I came across on Reddit: “You weren’t born to just pay bills and die.”
This week’s edition of eCommerce Insider is brought to you by tomorrow night’s free training I am hosting.
I’ll be doing a live webinar on getting your first wholesale partner. I’ll share some details and stories about my wholesale business that I never have before. It’s tomorrow May 27 @ 6:30 PM CT. Click here to automatically register. If you’ve already registered from a prior email, I look forward to seeing you there!
That’s all for today’s email. Hope the rest of your week goes well!