Hope you are staying safe and healthy!
Welcome to this week’s edition of eCommerce Insider: This Week In Online Retail where I share key happenings in the world of online retail, things we have learned in my business recently, and other items that I believe you will find useful and valuable.
Here are this week’s updates:
- Walmart and Shopify have partnered to make it easier to bring products from Shopify sellers’ online stores to the Walmart marketplace. Store owners on Shopify will now have a direct integration between the 2 platforms to list their items for sale on Walmart’s marketplace. This is a big move in the online retail space, and should provide some good opportunities for both companies, as well as the sellers on each platform. You can read more in this Business Insider article.
- Amazon recently released a video for sellers talking about some of the impacts COVID has had on customer demand. One major shift seen recently is that a smaller number of items are making up a higher percentage of customer searches. In addition there have been some categories that are seeing very significant increases in demand. It’s about a 5 minute video that has some interesting stats. You can watch it here.
- A Reddit post and thread that I enjoyed reading through shares the story of an individual selling a book for $1300 that they purchased for $1.50. In the comments of the post several others share some of their higher ROI finds, as well as how they try to find more items like this that are going for significantly above retail. You can checkout the item that sold for this price and the comments here.
- If you have been seeing slower receiving times at Amazon warehouses recently, you are not alone. A recent Reddit thread shares the current receiving timelines that different sellers have been experiencing. You can read the full post here.
- Quote / Image of the week I came across on Reddit, “You spend most of your life inside your head…make it a nice place to be.”
This week’s edition of eCommerce Insider is brought to you by today’s free webinar about building a wholesale business.
Today at 2PM ET / 1PM CT I’ll be live with 2 very experienced wholesale sellers talking about how to land wholesale accounts. In this webinar we’ll share how to do outreach to potential suppliers and what to say. Even if you can’t make it live, if you register we’ll send you the replay when it’s over. You can register here.
That’s all for today’s email. Hope the rest of your week goes well!