Hope you are staying safe and healthy!
Welcome to this week’s edition of eCommerce Insider: This Week In Online Retail where I share key happenings in the world of online retail, things we have learned in my business recently, and other items that I believe you will find useful and valuable.
Here are this week’s updates:
- Amazon is establishing a new Counterfeit Crimes Unit that will bring justice to counterfeiters on the platform. Counterfeit products have been a growing problem for Amazon and this new unit is designed to dedicate even more time and resources to the issue. You can read more in this post on Amazon’s blog.
- As COVID-19 continues to impact retail sales, I found it interesting to read through a recent CNBC about Nike’s sales. They saw a 75% increase in online sales, but sales overall decreased by 38%. Nike has stated that in the somewhat near future they expect half of their sales to come via their online channels. There are several other interesting stats and findings shared, and you can read the full article here.
- A Reddit post that I enjoyed reading through is titled, “I Am a 10M+ Amazon Seller Ask Me Anything.” There are a lot of good questions and insights in the answers to the questions. You can read the full post here.
- Amazon continues to host a variety of free webinars for sellers on the marketplace. Through the Amazon Small Business Academy they cover a wide range of topics. They also have replays available on demand for most of their past webinars. If you’re interested in learning directly from Amazon about their available opportunities, you can checkout the free webinars here.
- Quote/image of the week I came across on Reddit: “Don’t let the fear of what could happen make nothing happening.”
This week’s edition of eCommerce Insider is brought to you by an extended free trial offer to Tactical Arbitrage.
Rather than filtering through tens of the thousands of products on a single website, what if you could filter through the hundreds that fit your buying criteria? That’s exactly what Tactical Arbitrage will help you do. You pick a website from their list, set your profit filters, and let the software go to work. You will then have a short list to look through and make inventory purchases.
You can test it out for yourself with an exclusive 10-day free trial with code OSE10 at checkout when you sign up through my referral link.
That’s all for today’s email. Hope the rest of your week goes well!